How to clean Granite Worktops
Granite Worktops are a great addition to your kitchen. Providing that wow factor to friends and family when they come around. Not only are granite worktops a great addition to your kitchen, but you can also install granite into your bathroom as well.
Granite is formed of volcanic magma and is heat resistant. Not only being heat resistant, but granite is also extremely durable, making a granite worktop a great place to prepare your family meal.
Keeping your Granite surfaces looking its best, the surface requires a lot of attention. Using a micro-fibre cloth ensure that the surface keeps shining and free of marks and streaks. The Marble and Granite Company have come up with a technique on how to keep your granite worktop looking its best, please read on.
How to clean granite
Cleaning the work surface should be a daily occurrence for you for hygiene reasons. However, these few daily tasks make it a lot easier when it comes to your deep clean.
- Ensure that you dust the surface every day
- Use a small amount of water along with your micro fibre cloth to wipe them down after every meal prep, or surface use.
- Use granite cleaner to deep clean the surface.
- Use a granite sealer to help protect the work surface
What type of Granite cleaner should I use?
Will using disinfectant damage your granite work surface? Or can I use washing up liquid to clean my work surface? Choosing the right cleaner for your worktop is key to keeping the lasting shine and upkeep of your worktop. Here are some tips for choosing and using the right granite cleaner:
- Abrasive and acidic chemicals will do more harm than good to your polished surface.
- Using a specific granite cleaner like TriNova Granite Cleaner or Black Diamond Daily Granite & Marble Surface Spray which has a safe level of cleaning power. Simply spray on and wipe off kind of action. ALWAYS remember to test on a small area first before using a product to see the effect on your worktop.
- For the additional protection and shine, consider using a granite sealer. There are products like the TriNova Granite Sealer & Protector that are a great product to use. Like the cleaner ALWAYS remember to test on a small area first before use.
- If products are not your thing and you would like a more natural remedy, use a mixture of non-acidic soap and warm water. Rub the solution into the granite worktop and then wipe it off with a clean towel.